More DiscountTotal Training Online: All-Access Library The All Access library gives you access to every online training title! With aprprox. hours and titles to choose from, you're sure to find a lesson to help you master a new technique or learn a new program entirely. This is perfect for creative pros, designers, developers, office enthusiasts who need to master a new technique, or learn an entire program.
We offer various licenses/editions for Total Training Online Subscriptions. Save 40% off with the coupon code: spring40, as shown below:
Note: Once entered Online Store, please Select your license and Fill the quantity into the blank to purchase this product. (1 is default)
Click "Get It Now" Button above or below to activate this coupon code or deal. It's only valid on SoftCns.com If The Coupon Code Not Available Please bookmark this page first, and then clear the cookies of your browser. Lastly, restart your browser again or try to use another web browser, If you don't get it clearly, please visit Coupon Using Guide or send us expired.
Total Training for Microsoft SQL Server Development takes you inside the latest, coolest, and most powerful database software platform, Microsoft's SQL Server 2005. The tutorials focus on key elements in a logical sequence. You can easily find what you need-including all the SQL Server 2005 basics, best practices, dozens of targeted examples, and sample code. If you design or develop SQL Server 2005 databases, this video series is what you need to succeed!
• Master the fundamentals of SQL Server technology. • Learn how to write better queries to return the exact data required. • Avoid slow iterative code by refactoring cursors into queries using user-defined functions and case expressions. • Develop stored procedures using T-SQL. • Understand how transactions affect performance, how to detect blocking transactions, and how to minimize the impact of locking and blocking. • Create triggers to build custom audit trails and enforce database rules.
Part/Disc 1 Chapter 1: SQL SERVER OVERVIEW (32 min)
• Understanding Client Server Architecture • Introducing the Tools • Selecting an Edition • Creating Sample Databases
Chapter 2: USING MANAGEMENT STUDIO (23 min)
• Arranging the Workspace • Registering Servers • Explaining Items in the Object Explorer • Explaining the Database Properties Dialog • Explaining the Columns Properties Dialog • Continuing with Object Explorer Items • Using the Query Editor
• Understanding Normalization • Discovering Patterns • Avoiding Over Complexity • Managing Optional Data • Creating Physical Keys • Using the Database Diagrammer Tool • Final Comments
Part/Disc 2: Selecting Data Chapter 1: WORKING WITH SINGLE TABLE QUERIES (42 min)
• Understanding Query Flow • Filtering Data with the Where Clause • Columns, Expressions & Scalar Functions • Using Case Expressions • Working with Nulls & Coalesce • Selecting Environment Functions • Working with Dates & Times • Parsing Strings • Converting Data • Sorting Data • Topping Off the Query with Predicates
Chapter 2: MERGING DATA WITH JOINS & UNIONS (25 min)
• Working with Inner Joins • Using Left Outer Joins • Multiplying Data with Cross Joins • Referencing Self-Joins • Working with Complex Joins • Finding the Set Difference • Stacking Data with Unions
Chapter 3: WORKING WITH SUBQUERIES (19 min)
• Using Subqueries as Expressions • Including Subqueries as Lists • Adding Subqueries as Derived Tables • Working with Correlated Subqueries • Solving for X with Relations Division
Chapter 4: AGGREGATING DATA (35 min)
• Using the New Windowing Functions • Using Aggregate Functions • Grouping a Data Set • Nesting Aggregations • Filtering Groups & Adding Grand Totals • Generating Cross Tab Tables (Pivot) • Calculating Cumulative Sums
Chapter 5: USING FULL-TEXT SEARCH (14 min)
• Creating a Full-Text Index • Searching for Words • Using a Fuzzy Search to Search for Phrases
• Introducing T-SQL • Working with Variables • Controlling Procedural Flow • Examining SQL Server with Code • Using Temp Tables • Developing Dynamic SQL • Introducing Stored Procedures • Passing Parameters • Returning Parameters • Working with a Cursor • Handling Errors • Explaining the Raise Error • Controlling Transactions
Chapter 2: TRIGGERS & AUDIT TRAILS (31 min)
• Introducing After Triggers • Using "Instead of" Trigger • Disabling Triggers • Using the Update ( ) Function • Selecting Transaction Data • Nesting & Recursion • Enforcing Complex RI • Auditing Data Changes
Chapter 3: USER-DEFINED FUNCTIONS (27 min)
• Creating Scalar Functions • Working with Inline Table-Valued Functions • Using Multi-Statement Table-Valued UDFs • Navigating a Hierarchy • Having Fun with Apply • Exploring Functions in Nordic
Chapter 4: INDEXING FOR PERFORMANCE (32 min)
• Introducing Indexes • Creating Indexes • Examinging Query Execution Plans, Pt. 1 • Examinging Query Execution Plans, Pt. 2