Note: Once at the shopping cart web page, please fill the number into the quantity blank to purchase this product. (1 is default)
Click "Get It Now" Button above or below to activate this coupon code or deal. It's only valid on SoftCns.com If The Coupon Code Not Available Please bookmark this page first, and then clear the cookies of your browser. Lastly, restart your browser again or try to use another web browser, If you don't get it clearly, please visit Coupon Using Guide or send us expired.
Making the most of Snow Leopard is easy with this visually appealing book, written by a select group of Mac experts assembled by Macworld. Inside, you'll find a compendium of savvy information about Snow Leopard's new and updated features, whether you want to navigate the the Finder faster, search Spotlight more effectively, browse the Web better with Safari 4, or learn the secrets of hidden tools like Image Capture, Preview, and TextEdit. The ebook also offers problem-solving advice, a section on security, and Terminal tricks and tips.
Read this ebook to learn the answers to questions such as: • How do I streamline editing an iCal event? • How do I set the default Spotlight search location? • How do I add comments and editing marks to a PDF in Preview. • In Safari, how do I open a typed URL in a new tab? • What's the best way to read RSS Feeds in Safari? • How do I set up and work with tabs in Terminal? • How do I send a video from QuickTime X to iTunes, MobileMe, or YouTube? • How do I store my passwords under a more complex password than my easy-to-type login password? • What are some whizzy ways to access my files? (hint: Snow Leopard introduced some fun changes to Exposé, the Dock, and Spaces)
Table of Contents
Installing Snow Leopard
• Perform a Basic Upgrade What you need to know to install Snow Leopard, including backup advice and customization tips.
• Installation Alternatives and Fixes If you run into any problems while installing Snow Leopard, this chapter will talk you through the fixes.
Inside Snow Leopard
• The Finder, the Dock, and Exposé Apple made a host of changes to the Finder and some small tweaks to the Dock and Exposé. Find out what’s new with OS X’s navigation apps.
• QuickTime X QuickTime received one of the biggest makeovers. Version X has some new features but is missing some old ones, and it offers smarter workflows.
• Automation Features Snow Leopard features newly revamped services and adds helpful text-substitution tools.
• Exchange Support In OS X 10.6 you can finally sync iCal, Address Book, and Mail with Microsoft Exchange 2007 servers.
• Preview OS X’s humble Preview application gets a feature boost. Meet the new tools and additions in version 5.
• Wake on Demand Your Mac can do more while sleeping, thanks to Snow Leopard’s new Wake on Demand features.
• Accessibility Apple has upgraded the Trackpad, VoiceOver, and Hearing features to make Macs easier to use for people with physical disabilities.
• Under the Hood Learn more about Grand Central Dispatch, OpenCL, and the jump from 32 to 64 bits.
• 13 Hidden Features Get to know these hidden goodies and minor tweaks in Snow Leopard.
• Quickly Track Down Files and Folders Use the Finder, the Dock, and Quick Look to work more efficiently with these timesaving shortcuts.
• Tame Cluttered Windows Fight window clutter with Spaces, OS X’s updated window-management tool.
• Fill In Text with Substitutions One of the most useful new features in Snow Leopard is text substitution.
• Automate Repetitive Tasks Automator can handle tedious tasks. This section teaches the basics and provides some sample workflows.
OS X’s Hidden Tools
• Image Capture In Snow Leopard, you can use Image Capture to set default applications for your camera and share images with other users on your network.
• Preview The beloved and dependable Preview also has a few new tricks up its sleeve, including broader PDF powers and more image-editing tools.
• TextEdit TextEdit’s genius is that it seems simple but can actually do some heavy-duty word processing.
The Secrets of Safari 4
• Better Browsing Safari 4 makes searching and browsing easier than ever. These tips will help you organize the time you spend on the Web and use it more productively.
• Take Control of Tabs Overwhelmed by a sea of Web pages? Keep your multitasking browser activities in order with tabs.
• Manage Bookmarks and RSS Feeds You have a library of links to sort and tons of RSS feeds to read. Safari 4 has tools to make both tasks more manageable.
• Search Smarter Make your quest for information easy and fun with the best of our Safari search tips.
Search Your Mac
• Spotlight Basics Master OS X’s powerful catchall search tool, Spotlight. Change its preferences and troubleshoot any issues that may pop up.
• Create Smarter Queries These tricks will ensure that you find exactly what you’re looking for with Spotlight searches.
• Perform Advanced Searches Spotlight shares its powers with other Mac applications. For heavy duty searches, turn to the Finder.
Snow Leopard Security
• Put User Accounts to Work The key to keeping your data safe is knowing who has access to what. Control your Mac with user accounts.
• Create Strong Passwords Follow these essential tips to make sure the passwords you select are secure.
• Encrypt Your Data Protect your information by encrypting it—follow our step-by-step instructions.
• Make Secure Connections Guard your system against intruders when you connect to outside networks.
• Stay Safe Online Avoid spammers, phishers, and hackers by staying sharp and abiding by these rules for safe browsing.
Troubleshooting OS X
• Your Troubleshooting Toolbox Do you know what to do when your Mac misbehaves? We’ll tell you all the steps you can take to remedy common OS X issues.
• Advanced Fixes When the problems are more advanced, combine some sleuthing with other possible solutions.
• Seek Outside Help It’s OK to ask for help, but whom exactly do you ask? Here’s where to turn if your Mac is having bigger problems than you can handle.
• Back Up with Time Machine Keep your data 100 percent safe with a backup. Figure out the best data-storage plan for your setup.
• Terminal Basics Learn how Terminal works, and discover some easy ways to make it work harder for you.
• Easy System Tweaks Change small features of OS X’s built-in programs from Terminal.