Note: Once at the shopping cart web page, please fill the number into the quantity blank to purchase this product. (1 is default)
Click "Get It Now" Button above or below to activate this coupon code or deal. It's only valid on SoftCns.com If The Coupon Code Not Available Please bookmark this page first, and then clear the cookies of your browser. Lastly, restart your browser again or try to use another web browser, If you don't get it clearly, please visit Coupon Using Guide or send us expired.
Learning how to make the most of Leopard's new features is easy with this visually appealing book, written by a select group of Mac experts assembled by Macworld. Inside, you'll find a compendium of savvy information about how to use what's new in Leopard, whether you want to navigate the the Finder faster, search Spotlight more effectively, automate your applications with Automator, share screens with others, or tweak core applications like Safari, iChat, Mail, and iCal. The ebook also offers problem-solving advice, and a section on third-party add-ons to extend Leopard's capabilities even further.
Read this ebook to learn the answers to questions such as: • How can I zoom in Quick Look view? • What are some practical tips for using Spaces? • How do I use the new Notes and To Do options in Mail? • How can I set up iChat to auto-accept chat requests? • What's new with Terminal and Automator in Leopard? • What's the best way to read RSS Feeds in Safari? • What's the best way to set up my Leopard firewall? • How do I do an AND or an OR search with Spotlight?
Table of Contents
• Upgrade the Smart Way When it comes to installing a new operating system, the easiest method isn't always the best. By unlocking Leopard's hidden installation options, you can avoid potential problems and save valuable disk space.
• Upgrade Fixes Don't let the excitement of upgrading be dampened by dastardly bugs. Here's how to deal with some of the problems you might encounter after installing OS X 10.5, including missing accounts, a persistent Migration Assistant, and more.
Getting Started with Mac OS X's New Features
Apple's new operating system boasts more than 300 new features. Too bad it doesn't also come with an operating manual. Whether it's Time Machine's simplified backup tools, iChat's screen-sharing features, Automator's advanced workflow features, Preview's image-editing powers, or Dictionary's broadened horizons, this 24-page guide will take you through Leopard's best additions to show you what's new, what's changed, and how to get up to speed.
Find Files Fast with Spotlight
• Spotlight 101 Apple has revamped OS X's integrated search tool to make it faster and more reliable. Learn how to start a basic search and how to customize Spotlight's preferences to exclude specific files or to change how your results are displayed.
• Creating Good Queries Having trouble narrowing down your results to a manageable number? Try adding Boolean operators or keywords.
• Advanced Searches For complex searches that involve multiple conditions or broad ranges, you'll typically get better results by switching to the Finder's search tools. We'll show you how to set up a search in the Finder and how to save searches so you can use them again and again.
Work the Web
• Better Browsing Think you know all there is to navigating the Web? Safari 3 shakes things up with new features that make it easier to manage multiple windows and tabs, work with text boxes and passwords, and more.
• Managing Bookmarks and RSS Feeds Do more with your bookmarks and RSS feeds by syncing and personalizing them.
• Working with Downloads Downloading files and images has gotten easier in Leopard, making tasks like organizing your receipts and choosing a new desktop image a snap.
• Search Smarter Optimize your search efforts. These essential tips will show you how to sort through the vast amount of information on the Web and find exactly what you're looking for online in minutes, not hours.
Automate Repetitive Tasks
• Learning the Basics Thanks to Automator, you don't have to be a programmer to make your Mac obey your commands. We'll show you how to create automated workflows with just a few clicks of your mouse.
• Using Variables and Loops The new version of Automator includes powerful new features that let you create complex workflows that dynamically update or loop back on themselves. Follow along as we put them into action.
• Troubleshooting Your Workflows When something goes wrong with a workflow, these tips will help you track down the culprit and put things right.
Access Your Mac from Afar
• Sharing Files and Folders If you work closely with others or move between multiple Macs, you may occasionally find yourself in need of a file that lives on another computer. Thanks to Leopard's improved file-sharing options, accessing remote computers is now easier than ever.
• Sharing Your Screen with Others Want to control an entire computer from afar—for example, to troubleshoot problems or change settings? If you have a .Mac account, you can take advantage of the new Back To My Mac feature to control remote Macs over the network or the Internet as though you were sitting right in front of them. We'll show you how to get set up and what to do if you're not a .Mac member.
Troubleshooting Your Mac
• Recovering from Common Mac OS X Maladies Don't panic. Every computer runs into trouble from time to time. With a little know-how you can usually set things right. We'll show you exactly what to do when your computer freezes, crashes, or exhibits other bad behavior.
• Backing Up with Time Machine All the troubleshooting know-how in the world can't recover lost data. Protect yourself with Time Machine, Apple's new backup program.
• Securing Your Connections Part of keeping your Mac trouble-free means banning hackers and malicious programs. Learn how to set up Leopard's new Firewall tools to help keep your Mac safe.
Must-Have Leopard Tools
• System Tweaks Wish your Mac could do even more? It can. These third-party tools can help you give Leopard a little tune-up and add features Apple left out. What's more, they won't break the bank.
• Surfer's Helpers These great low-cost utilities are just waiting to memorize your Web site passwords, simplify your searches, and protect your data.
• Productivity Boosters Computer clutter got you down? Streamline your life with these smart programs.
• Smarter Media It's easy to get more out of your media. Start with these tools that convert your movies to different formats and let you navigate iTunes with ease.