Note: Once at the shopping cart web page, please fill the number into the quantity blank to purchase this product. (1 is default)
Click "Get It Now" Button above or below to activate this coupon code or deal. It's only valid on SoftCns.com If The Coupon Code Not Available Please bookmark this page first, and then clear the cookies of your browser. Lastly, restart your browser again or try to use another web browser, If you don't get it clearly, please visit Coupon Using Guide or send us expired.
Written for folks who want to master more of the basics, the Macworld Mac Basics Superguide covers finding your way around on a Mac, using the Dock, configuring your Mac, printing, searching, troubleshooting, and more. You'll find getting-started tips on using Safari, Mail, Address Book, iChat, Dashboard, and Preview, and you'll learn how to install and update software. Bonus! Includes a write-up of 24 useful third-party utilities that can enhance your Macintosh experience!
Read this ebook to learn the answers to questions such as: • How do I add and remove items from the Dock? • What's the deal with user accounts and logging in? • How do I set up my screen saver? • Can I hide an application instead of quitting it? • What are the best places to save files? • What should I do if an application crashes? • What should I do about viruses and other security problems?
Table of Contents
• Mac OS X at a Glance Wondering where your applications are? Not sure where to find your Home folder? This cheat sheet will help you identify OS X's main interface elements.
• Your Mac's Ports at a Glance Take a visual tour of every port on your Mac. We'll point out exactly where to plug in your speakers, digital camera, monitor, and more.
• Finding Your Way in OS X Use the Finder to quickly navigate your system. Learn how to keep files and folders organized, use shortcuts, and become more efficient with your Mac.
• Using the Dock Access important files and applications quickly by storing them in the Dock--the thin, reflective shelf filled with icons at the bottom of your screen. Learn how to create and use Stacks, the Dock's newest way to keep your files and programs organized.
• Modifying System Preferences One of the best parts of a Mac is that most aspects of OS X are customizable, including background appearance, keyboard shortcuts, and network settings. We'll show you how to adjust them to fit your style and your setup.
• Setting Up User Accounts Do you share your Mac with other people? OS X's user accounts let each Mac user customize his or her settings while also protecting sensitive files from other users. Learn how to set up multiple accounts, use parental controls, and determine how much access each user has to settings, applications, and files.
• Working with Applications Before loading up your Mac with new software, get the skinny on how to install applications. Find out where to put programs, how to keep them up-to-date, the best way to get rid of them, and tricks for keeping them organized in Spaces.
• Get Started with OS X's Programs Whatever tasks you use your Mac for, chances are they involve an e-mail program or a Web browser. OS X comes with important programs like these already built in. Get started with Mail, Safari, iChat, and many more OS X applications.
• Opening, Saving, and Printing These are the three tasks you'll be tackling the most often. Learn the secrets of OS X's save dialog box, the proper way to share files with Windows users, and details on how to hook up a new printer.
• Searching Your Mac Even the most organized Mac user can lose track of files. When that happens, turn to Spotlight—OS X's built-in bloodhound--to track them down. We'll show you the basics of using Spotlight for searches, along with some of its cooler tricks.
• Keeping Your Mac Secure Are you worried about viruses, malicious hackers, nosy coworkers, and other computer dangers? This chapter is filled with steps you can take to keep your Mac healthy, safe, and secure.
• Troubleshooting Your Mac OS X may be one of the most stable operating systems around, but it's not immune to hiccups, crashes, and other troublesome behavior. When your Mac misbehaves, get it back on track with these tips and tricks.
• Great OS X Add-Ons Sometimes you need features that don't come with OS X and you have to look to other software makers. This is a list of some of the most useful third-party utilities, for everything from managing shortcuts to converting media files.