|Shipping:||1. Sale for global. Send Register Code by E-mail (Free)|
|2. More shipping requirements, please see in order page.|
Automated file packaging workflow for Adobe InDesign
Package Central is a powerful packaging automation solution for Adobe InDesign which processes InDesign files from hotfolders. Package Central offloads packaging from InDesign to a central system leaving operator stations free from the packaging process.
WHAT IT DOES
Package Central offloads InDesign document packaging to a central system leaving operator workstations free from the packaging process.
With Package Central, production artists, prepress operators and designers simply submit (or copy) files to hotfolders that reside on the network. Package Central automatically collects the files on its station, and will auto-activate fonts as well. Operator workstations will never again be tied up by the packaging process.
HOW IT WORKS
• Users choose the Submit to Package Central command instead of Package (or just copy file in the Finder)
• The document with its fonts is copied to the selected Package Central hotfolders
• Package Central is installed on a dedicated station and runs absolutely unattended
• It automatically packages (collects) files according to the hotfolder settings
• Package Central automatically activates the document fonts (when supplied)
EASY TO INSTALL
Installation of the Package Central Workflow is simple:
• Put Package Central in the Applications folder on its dedicated station - no plug-ins required
• Run the Components installer on the user stations to install the required software automatically
Package Central runs on a dedicated machine and watches hotfolders linked to its workflow settings. Package Central performs all its tasks automatically and can run absolutely unattended.
Workflow is a group of output settings assigned to Package Central hotfolders.
Hotfolders reside on server volumes available to other computers on the network. Users copy (or submit) InDesign files to hotfolders watched by Package Central. The InDesign files in hotfolders are processed automatically using the assigned workflow settings.
Automatic Error Handling
Package Central checks files for basic problems during processing and can skip files when missing links or fonts and other errors are detected.
Package Central can send automatic e-mail notifications during processing. Notifications are triggered by user defined events, such as errors, font activation, process stages and others.
Create PDF and INX/IDML on the fly
Package Central can automatically export InDesign documents as PDF and INX/IDML files into the final package folder.
Automatic Font Activation
Package Central can automatically activate document fonts collected with the InDesign file into hotfolder.
Variable Folder Names
Package Central offers powerful variable package folder names, which can include XMP variable, date, script label and other components.
Package Central has a state of the art XML processing engine built-in. It allows users to base some variable folder names on InDesign XMP metadata. This powerful feature is enabled through XMP Variables, which define how specific XMP tags should be used.
Logs and History
Package Central logs all its activity into daily logs and lets instantly view the process history for each file.
• Adobe InDesign CS3-CS6
• Mac OS X 10.5-10.7
• A version that supports Mac OS X 10.4 and InDesign CS2 available upon request