Create higher-quality 3D animation and improve workflows with new tools for crowd generation, particle animation, and perspective matching, as well as support for Microsoft® DirectX 11® shaders.
Benefits of Autodesk Subscription and Autodesk 360
Purchase Autodesk® Subscription with your Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design software to get convenient access to the following benefits*:
• The Latest Software—Stay current with the latest releases and product enhancements. • Flexible Licensing—Work with previous versions of your software. Use it at home or in multiple locations. • Basic Technical Support—Resolve issues and get back to work with online help from Autodesk support specialists.
*All Subscription benefits may not be available for all products in all languages and/or geographies.
Create higher quality 3D models and visualizations to help get rapid iterations of architectural designs, civil engineering models, and product designs. New features in Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2014 software help you to:
• Create moving or idle crowds with the new Populate Crowd feature that offers high-level control of near believable human motion.
• Load vector graphics as texture maps and render them at dynamic resolutions. New Vector Map support lets you zoom in while preserving image clarity.
• Composite more quickly and effectively with a new Perspective Match tool that closely matches the camera view of a scene to the perspective of a photo background.
• Create and edit higher-quality assets with a new API that exposes DirectX 11 capabilities in 3ds Max Design with HLSL (High Level Shading Language) support.
• Experience more control with new capabilities that allow you to pan and zoom the viewport as though it were a 2D image, without affecting the actual camera position.
For Inventor Professional 2014 Windows users
For general part and assembly design (typically fewer than 1,000 parts): • Windows® 7 (32-bit minimum, 64-bit recommended), Windows® 8 64-bit, or Windows XP® Professional 32-bit1 operating system • Intel® Pentium® 4, AMD Athlon™ 64 with SSE2 technology, 3 GHz or greater, or AMD dual-core processor with SSE2, 2 GHz or greater recommended, or Intel® Xeon® E3 or Core i7 or equivalent with SSE2, 3.0 GHz or greater • 4 GB RAM minimum for less than 500 part assemblies (8 GB recommended)2 • 15 GB free disk space for installation • 1,280 x 1,024 or higher screen resolution • Microsoft® Direct3D 9® or compatible graphics card (Microsoft® Direct3D 11® or higher recommended) • Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 6 or later (.NET Framework Version 4.5 web browser) • Microsoft® Excel® 2003 or later software for iFeatures, iParts, iAssemblies, thread customization, and spreadsheet-driven designs • Adobe® Flash® Player 10 • Internet connection for web downloads and Subscription Aware access • Microsoft-compliant mouse or pointing device • DVD-ROM drive3
For complex models, complex mold assemblies, and large assemblies (typically more than 1,000 Parts): • 64-bit Windows 7 or Windows 81 • Xeon E3 or Core i7 or equivalent, 3.3 GHz or greater • 16 GB RAM or greater2 • 15 GB free disk space for installation • 1,280 x 1,024 or higher screen resolution • Direct3D 9 or compatible graphics card (Direct3D 11 or higher recommended) • Internet Explorer 6 or later (.NET Framework Version 4.5 web browser) • Excel 2003 or later for iFeatures, iParts, iAssemblies, thread customization, and spreadsheet-driven designs • Flash Player 10 • Internet connection for web downloads and Subscription Aware access • Microsoft-compliant mouse or pointing device • DVD-ROM drive3
For Inventor Professional 2014 Mac® users
On Boot Camp®: You can install Autodesk Inventor Professional software on a Mac computer on a Windows partition. The system must use Apple Boot Camp to manage a dual OS configuration and meet the minimum system requirements.
• Mac OS® X 10.6 (10.8 or higher recommended) • Boot Camp v2.0 or higher • Windows 7 64-bit • Intel® Core 2® Duo or greater processor with SSE2 technology, 3.0 GHz or greater • 8 GB RAM or greater • 64 GB free disk space on Windows OS partition (250 GB recommended)
Mac Virtualization on Parallels Desktop:
• Mac OS X 10.6 (10.8 or higher recommended) • Parallels Desktop 8.0 or higher • 64-bit Windows 7 or Windows 8 • Core 2 Duo or greater with SSE2 technology, 3.0 GHz or greater • 8 GB RAM (16 GB recommended) • 500 GB free disk space or greater
1. Autodesk Inventor 2014 software is provided both as 32-bit application and as 64-bit application for installation and use on the corresponding operating system only. Windows XP Professional 32-bit is not recommended for Inventor. English versions of Inventor will run on any language operating system. Other language versions of these applications will run on operating systems of that same language. Inventor and Autodesk® Vault® software must both be the same language on a given computer.
2. Autodesk recommends settings which allow Windows to manage virtual memory as needed. There should always be at least twice as much free hard disk space as system memory (RAM). Recommended minimum RAM for using Inventor Tooling is 3 GB.
3. Inventor 2014 is available only on DVD media (or electronic download in some situations). A DVD-ROM drive is not required if installing via electronic download.